Friday, June 5, 2015

Mayoral Candidate David Fox Makes Statement on Jails being Consolidated to Southeast Nashville

From Mayoral Candidate David Fox for Mayor Therese Brumfield posted
13 hrs · Edited David Fox Thank you!
From David Fox for Mayor- Therese, sorry for my slow response. (I'm a lot quicker on my cell phone.) I am persuaded that the downtown jail needs refurbishing or replacing. However, relocating a jail is a predictably controversial decision that requires broad community conversation. I don't yet know where a new jail should be located and don't think we can know until we have such a conversation. I regard the unilateral decision to place a new jail in Southeast Nashville as sadly disrespectful of residents in that neighborhood. As mayor, I will create a process for such critical decisions that is inclusive and transparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment